We would like to introduce our brand new WuInstall 2.0, which has been redesigned and optimized for Windows 8.1 / Windows Server 2012 R2 and is backwards compatible to all Windows Versions until Windows 2000.
New Features – available only in WuInstall 2.0
- /reboot_if_needed_force: Almost like /reboot, but a reboot is triggered only when it is required (when it exits with a return code 1 or 11).
- /clearlocalcache: Clears the local windows update cache.
- /releasedate: Filters updates by their release date and can be used either with lt, eq or gt followed by the date you would like to filter.
- /proxyauto: If this option is set, the web proxy settings will be detected automatically.
- /proxyaddress: Sets the address and the decimal port number of the proxy.
- /proxyuser: Sets the user name to submit to the proxy server for authentication.
- /proxypass: Sets the password to submit to the proxy server for authentication.
- /targetgroup: Used to assign a computer to a target group for rolling out updates on a group basis.
- /offlinescan: Searches for updates against a cab-file.
- /options: Allows to specify the options in a file, which is either located on the disk (use file://) or available on the internet (use http://).
- /tempdir: Sets the temp directory to the given path.
WuInstall 2.0 was completely redesigned to meet all new requirements of the Windows 8 technology and will be enhanced with further versions, while the development of WuInstall 1.x has come to an end.
If you are using WuIntall 1.x. on a Windows version earlier than Windows 8, you will be perfectly fine with what you have. However, if you are planning to use Windows 8 / Server 2012, we strongly recommend that you consider upgrading to a WuInstall 2.0. subscription!
The licensing model has changed to a yearly subscription, with the WuInstall License Calculator you can check which subscription suits you best.
As you might have noticed we also relaunched the website www.wuinstall.com, to be able to provide you with even more information and support. Furthermore, there now is a customer portal where WuInstall 2.0 subscribers will be able to download the latest WuInstall 2.0 version at any time.