We are proud to announce that we officially support the new Microsoft OS, Windows 10!
It has been a long time since the release of WuInstall 2.0 and we've managed to implement some great features for the new WuInstall 2.3!
New features in WuInstall 2.3
- /log_as_ansi: Like /logfile but the file will be ansi encoded.
- /third_party_progress: This option will generate additional output on the console and the logfile which makes it easier to parse. Each line will have a given tag as prefix and postfix.
- /refresh_last_update_timestamp: Adding this option to the command line will update the timestamp for the last update search/installation on the system. This timestamp is displayed in the Windows Update Center.
- /UseUpdateService: This option replaces /bypass_wsus which will be marked as deprecated. /UseUpdateService sets the given service (MicrosoftUpdate, WindowsUpdate, WSUS or Default) which will be used for searching updates.
- /maxUpdateCount: With this option it's possible to specify the maximum number of updates which will be handled by the WuInstall call.
- /force_download: All updates will be downloaded even if they are already downloaded.
- The reboot_required flag in the XML-output will be set to true even if the current WuInstall command doesn't result in a reboot required state.
- WuInstall will not download updates which were already downloaded. This behavior can be overwritten with the new /force_download option.
- The log file can now be read while it's written.
Changes to the WuInstall.com portal:
- Now it's possible to download older WuInstall versions in the customer portal.
We would like to introduce our brand new WuInstall 2.0, which has been redesigned and optimized for Windows 8.1 / Windows Server 2012 R2 and is backwards compatible to all Windows Versions until Windows 2000.
New Features – available only in WuInstall 2.0
- /reboot_if_needed_force: Almost like /reboot, but a reboot is triggered only when it is required (when it exits with a return code 1 or 11).
- /clearlocalcache: Clears the local windows update cache.
- /releasedate: Filters updates by their release date and can be used either with lt, eq or gt followed by the date you would like to filter.
- /proxyauto: If this option is set, the web proxy settings will be detected automatically.
- /proxyaddress: Sets the address and the decimal port number of the proxy.
- /proxyuser: Sets the user name to submit to the proxy server for authentication.
- /proxypass: Sets the password to submit to the proxy server for authentication.
- /targetgroup: Used to assign a computer to a target group for rolling out updates on a group basis.
- /offlinescan: Searches for updates against a cab-file.
- /options: Allows to specify the options in a file, which is either located on the disk (use file://) or available on the internet (use http://).
- /tempdir: Sets the temp directory to the given path.
WuInstall 2.0 was completely redesigned to meet all new requirements of the Windows 8 technology and will be enhanced with further versions, while the development of WuInstall 1.x has come to an end.
If you are using WuIntall 1.x. on a Windows version earlier than Windows 8, you will be perfectly fine with what you have. However, if you are planning to use Windows 8 / Server 2012, we strongly recommend that you consider upgrading to a WuInstall 2.0. subscription!
The licensing model has changed to a yearly subscription, with the WuInstall License Calculator you can check which subscription suits you best.
As you might have noticed we also relaunched the website www.wuinstall.com, to be able to provide you with even more information and support. Furthermore, there now is a customer portal where WuInstall 2.0 subscribers will be able to download the latest WuInstall 2.0 version at any time.
Often there are a lot of patches already released at the WSUS but not yet installed on the clients. If a security issue arises, only one patch has to be deployed instantly to solve this problem. Until yet we had only the possibility to deploy all released patches or none.
Have been using WuInstall for some time and we have bought the site licence twice now.
My operations group is looking to automate the WSUS update process and your software is their primary choice.
Thank you for supporting such an outstanding product!
Thank you for the updated version of WuInstall Pro. WuInstall is working extremely well for us.
This software is a great tool, and it's command-line based, which I still like best for having some degree of 'control'.