It has been a long time since the release of WuInstall 2.0 and we've managed to implement some great features for the new WuInstall 2.3!
New features in WuInstall 2.3
- /log_as_ansi: Like /logfile but the file will be ansi encoded.
- /third_party_progress: This option will generate additional output on the console and the logfile which makes it easier to parse. Each line will have a given tag as prefix and postfix.
- /refresh_last_update_timestamp: Adding this option to the command line will update the timestamp for the last update search/installation on the system. This timestamp is displayed in the Windows Update Center.
- /UseUpdateService: This option replaces /bypass_wsus which will be marked as deprecated. /UseUpdateService sets the given service (MicrosoftUpdate, WindowsUpdate, WSUS or Default) which will be used for searching updates.
- /maxUpdateCount: With this option it's possible to specify the maximum number of updates which will be handled by the WuInstall call.
- /force_download: All updates will be downloaded even if they are already downloaded.
- The reboot_required flag in the XML-output will be set to true even if the current WuInstall command doesn't result in a reboot required state.
- WuInstall will not download updates which were already downloaded. This behavior can be overwritten with the new /force_download option.
- The log file can now be read while it's written.
Changes to the WuInstall.com portal:
- Now it's possible to download older WuInstall versions in the customer portal.